The Joint Council
The Joint Council of State and Local Health Officials is comprised of the executive committees of ASTHO, the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), and the Big Cities Health Coalition (BCHC). The Council was established to improve the efficacy of governmental public health by working to enhance cooperative problem solving and systems development at the administrative and executive levels of local, state, and federal public health organizations.
The Affiliate Council
Top leaders from ASTHO and 20 affiliated organizations comprise the Affiliate Council, a body dedicated to the mission of promoting and protecting public health. The Affiliate Council functions as a network for the executive leaders of state and territorial public health associations to share information and align our efforts to better serve governmental public health, enhance public health systems and ultimately, improve public health outcomes. The Council is governed by a set of agreed-upon guiding principles.
ASTHO affiliates span a wide range of associations that serve governmental public health professionals across the nation.
If you run a professional association of state and territorial health agency leaders and would like to join the Affiliate Council, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO)
- Association of Health Facility Survey Agencies (AHFSA)
- Association of Immunization Managers (AIM)
- Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs (AMCHP)
- Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL)
- Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors (ASTDD)
- Association of Public Health Nurses (APHN)
- Association of State and Territorial Local Health Liaison Officials (ASTLHLO)
- Association of State and Territorial Public Health Social Workers (ASTPHSW)
- Association of State Public Health Nutritionists (ASPHN)
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE)
- National Alliance of State and Territorial AIDS Directors (NASTAD)
- National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD)
- National Association for Public Health Statistics and Information Systems (NAPHSIS)
- National Association of State EMS Officers (NASEMSO)
- National Association of State Offices of Minority Health (NASOMH)
- National Association of Vector-Borne Disease Control Officials (NAVCO, formerly SPHVCC)
- National Coalition of STD Directors (NCSD)
- National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC)
- Safe States Alliance (formerly STIPDA)