Quality Improvement Plan Toolkit: Guidance and Resources to Assist State and Territorial Health Agencies in Developing a Quality Improvement Plan
Through research gained from conducting reviews of existing quality improvement (QI) plans, surveying QI planning literature, and interviewing state health department staff and QI experts, ASTHO, in collaboration with the North Carolina Institute of Public Health, has assembled a toolkit that features practical approaches, tools, examples, and tips, that address quality improvement planning. ASTHO’s QI Plan Toolkit is designed to assist state and territorial health agency staff with developing an agency-wide quality improvement plan and to facilitate preparation for PHAB accreditation.
This toolkit is organized into six sections:
- Section I: Offers a QI plan development checklist. Each step on the checklist links to key resources that states and territories can refer to when developing a QI plan.
- Section II: Sets the stage for creating a QI plan, and provides information on areas to consider before writing a QI plan. Topics covered include: the benefit of a quality system, the importance of leadership commitment, and the relevance of quality improvement planning to the PHAB standards and measures.
- Section III: Provides detailed information and resources that align with ten recommended essential elements of a QI Plan. This section also features examples and tips from state health agencies, insight from QI consultants, and links to downloadable forms.
- Section IV: Includes examples of existing QI plans and templates submitted by state and local health agencies.
- Sections V and VI: Provides additional resources and references.
ASTHO would like to get your feedback on our Quality Improvement (QI) Plan Toolkit: Guidance and Resources to Assist State and Territorial Health Agencies in Developing a Quality Improvement Plan resource. Please click here to answer a few short questions or alternatively, feel free to email us directly at email@example.com. Your feedback will be collected and used to improve the quality of this resource. Thank you in advance for your time and attention!