ASTHO’s Most Used Resources of 2021
December 22, 2021 | Dylan Reynolds
ASTHO's mission is to support, equip, and advocate for state and territorial health officials in their work of advancing the public's health and well-being. To that end, here are the 12 most popular resources our members, partners, and email subscribers accessed in 2021. And as we kick off 2022, be sure to listen and subscribe to Public Health Review Morning Edition, our daily newscast.
- Making Contact: A Training for COVID-19 Case Investigators and Contact Tracers. Introductory online course for health agencies to rapidly train new staff and build knowledge for remote contact tracing. Take the training.
- How to Be Prepared to Serve During COVID-19. An ASTHO and Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health COVID-19 bootcamp. Take the course.
- Prioritizing Equity in Public Health Leadership Summit. ASTHO connected state and territorial health officials with local and federal partners to apply evidence-based and promising practices to address structural racism and advance health and racial equity. Watch the summit.
- Emergency Authority and Immunity Toolkit. Part of ASTHO’s Legal Preparedness Series, this resource explores the scope of state and federal emergency authorities and how they interact to better prepare for and respond to public health emergencies. Access the toolkit.
- The ASTHOExperts Blog Series. Populated with regular updates from subject matter experts, our blog reflects current discussions relevant for public health professionals, researchers, foundations, elected officials, and the media. Read the blog.
- ASTHO’s COVID-19 TechXpo. In March, ASTHO hosted the first national convening of state and territorial health officials with local and federal partners focused specifically on the use of technology to support the COVID-19 response. Watch the recording.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Comparison Chart. ASTHO updated this resource regularly during the heart of the vaccine rollout and throughout the year. Read the comparison.
- Public Health Workforce Funding From the American Rescue Plan. An explainer on the White House $7.4 billion investment to hire and train public health workers in response to COVID-19. Read the issue brief.
- Showing Gratitude to Our Public Health Workers. ASTHO CEO Mike Fraser penned this letter of thanks to the tireless public health professionals keeping us safe, one of several such notes during the year. Read the letter.
- State Strategies to Increase Access to COVID-19 Vaccines. Compilation of state strategies to increase access, enhance administrative capacity, and build vaccine confidence to improve COVID-19 vaccine uptake. Read the strategies.
- Incorporating CDC’s 10 Evidence-Based Strategies in Overdose Prevention. ASTHO reviewed CDC’s framework for prioritizing evidence-based strategies to address the opioid epidemic and made recommendations to expand them in states and territories. Read the journal article.
- Expanding Public Health Capacity Through Innovative Staff Solutions: Stories from States. Features unique approaches to recruiting, hiring, deploying, and managing staff, as well as the partnerships that made it possible. Watch the video.