This page refers to an event that occurred in the past.
PRC and Public Health Partnerships to Improve Access to Nutrition in Communities
A webinar hosted by ASTHO and CDC
ASTHO, with support from the CDC, will host the second webinar from the Prevention Research Centers (PRCs) Webinar Series. This webinar will highlight how PRC and public health partnerships are reducing health disparities by implementing nutrition policies and programs that increase access to healthy food in low-socioeconomic communities.
- Understand how PRCs within the Nutrition and Obesity Policy Research and Evaluation Network (NOPREN) develop and evaluate effective nutrition policies.
- Learn how state health departments can partner with PRCs to improve access to nutrition in low-income and low-access communities.
- Gain ideas for working with community partners to reduce health disparities by implementing nutrition policies and programs.
Add to Outlook
- Darcy Freedman, Associate Professor at the Case Western Reserve University PRC
- Ashley Davis, Program Manager at the Ohio Department of Health
- Hilary Seligman, Associate Professor at the University of California San Francisco PRC